October 1, 2014

Presenting at the SAQA Fiberlandia Conference

I’m honored to announce that I will be a Breakout Session Presenter at the upcoming Studio Art Quilt Associates Fiberlandia Conference.  The Conference will be held in Portland, OR on April 30 – May 3, 2015.
SAQA Fiberlandia Conference
**********************************************************************************************************************************
SUE RENO
Develop and Sustain Your Daily Artistic Practice

Creating the time, space and mindset to carry out a consistent artistic practice in our daily lives can be challenging, but pays tremendous dividends. I break the process down into easily achieved steps that bring results.

Learn how to:
· Be fearless in acknowledging the value of your individual viewpoint and talents.
· Identify realistic short and long term goals.
· Find a daily practice that trains your eye, feeds your creative spirit, and keeps your work fresh.
· Work towards a balance of quiet, cognitive time and social time, including social media.
· Even out the flow of work between intensely creative periods and dry spells.
· Be inspired by the strategies other artists use to manage their time and artistic output.

Whether you are a novice or experienced artist, you will come away from this session with strategies that will help you take your artistic practice to the next level.
*********************************************************************************************************************
Information on the keynote speakers and other presenters is here.   Registration information is here; there’s a early bird discount.

I’m a long time member of SAQA and have benefited tremendously from my involvement.  A SAQA conference is a great setting to learn industry specific information and meet like-minded artists and quilters.  I’m thrilled that I will be a part of the Fiberlandia Conference, and am very excited about the lineup of speakers.   I’m equally delighted that it will be in Portland, one of my favorite cities.  I will be extending my trip to fit in lots of hiking time in the area.

Hope to see you there!

As always, thanks for reading and commenting.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be there, Sue! I have already signed up for your session. We love the 4-T trail in heart of Portland: tram, train, trail and trolley., with city views and about 4 miles of lush forest.

Sue Reno said...

Thanks Sue, I look forward to meeting you! I love the Portland area, and am scheduling extra time there to hike and enjoy all the city has to offer.